Sunday, January 18, 2009

Long Awaited Update


I know this is beyond late. Over 2 weeks to be precise! The problem has been being able to sit down and find the time to write something. Never mind we're still in the stage of trying to get some kind of schedule, some kind of normalness, some kind of sense to the chaos here. I'm so ready for that to happen, but until then, everything has been winged.

First, I'm sure the suspense has been held to know what our 4th little one is. That is, if you don't know me outside this blog, then you don't know. On December 30th, at 11:54 a.m., Catelyn Louise was born. We had a little girl! 8 lbs 12 oz and 19 inches long, the biggest baby I've had yet. She's absolutely beautiful, with a head full of hair and looking almost identical to her big sister Emma! We're so happy to add her to our family.

I guess I also haven't updated too much because I haven't found a way to completely cope with four kids. Its not that I don't know how to handle them, because I went all last week on my own with the kids. My problem is I don't feel like I have anything under control yet. I can handle the bigger three no problem, it's getting used to newborn mode again that's whooping me. I can't stand that I have to sit most the day and cater to her needs, not that I don't totally enjoy it, but you can tell my house is paying a heavy toll for that. The getting up in the middle of the night has been really tough, especially since she was having problems with the formula she was on. She's gotten better here the last few nights after switching her to soy. I barely have time to get the dishes I need done, let alone any major cleaning that needs to be done. For that, I am thankful for my mother in law coming over this week and coming over again next week to do some of the things I don't have time for! It's such a major help! Getting dinner on the table is another story. Anything I can throw in the crock pot or get simmering on the stove during a quick down time has been the norm. Week before last and part of last week was majorly helped out by the efforts of our local mom's group and my mother in law bringing us dinners. That is also appreciated more than they all know! For sure, this last 2 weeks has been full of blessing and thankfulness on my part! I have a feeling the help, gifts, and things of that nature is coming to a close, which is fine by me. I don't want to take more than I deserve. But I wish I had a way to show everyone how much I appreciate them!

As for the upcoming weeks, I'm really hoping to get more of a schedule. I'm hoping within the next 2 months Catelyn starts sleeping through the night! But mainly, I'm hoping to get things in some sort of normalness, order, sanity around here. And hopefully I'll be able to update this blog a lot more often and share some fun, cute, maybe even trying stories with everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment