Sunday, February 15, 2009

Appreciation!


Today, my husband, kids and I, went to visit my husband's cousin, wife and family. Their family consists of a 2 year old daughter and 6 month old triplets!!! They are all the cutest things. But being there for the short period of time we were, we got to witness a bit of their daily schedule.

First off, I have to say, I'm very impressed with the fact that they have them on such a good schedule. I'm sure that makes things much easier! Actually, come to think of it, to get through the day, they need them on some kind of schedule. Anyway, watching what they have to go through with 3 infants, very similar to what I go through with 1, got me thinking. Of all the times I've been tired, frustrated, upset, or otherwise having a hard time, seeing what they go through makes me very thankful that I only have 1 baby. I'm not saying I couldn't do it, because faced with that situation, it's not a matter of how, but a matter just doing what you have to do. Kind of like my situation, people ask how, but really it's just doing what you have to do. But, to see how efficient they are on top of having to deal with the babies when their fussy and a crabby toddler, it makes me feel like I have it easy. At least I have space between my kids, and I have 2 that pretty well understand what I say. I think next time I get stressed out, I'm going to try to remember, that I only have 1 infant. One time all the work, one time the getting up, one time the fussing, and just be thankful it is one, that I'm not getting pulled 3 ways. Because in all honesty, knowing you have to divide your time between 3 little babies, would be hard to deal with!

No comments:

Post a Comment